Investor Visa UK
Investor Visa UK
The UK Investment Visa, unlike many other nations, does not offer direct citizenship by investment. This implies that before you may apply to become a citizen, you must reside in the UK.
Is a Golden Visa a UK Investor Visa?
In that it grants residency to people who make sizable contributions to the British economy, the Tier 1 (Investment) Visa is like the Golden Visa in the UK. The minimum investment required to qualify for a Tier 1 visa is greater, starting at £2 million, and real estate investment (i.e., purchasing a home) is not one of them.
Benefits of UK Investor Visa
The UK Investor Visa has the following advantages:
- In the UK, you can live, work, study, and conduct business.
- You are welcome to invite your immediate family members.
- Living in a country with one of the largest economies in the world will have its advantages for you.
- One of the top healthcare systems in the world is available to you.
- Once you and your family get British citizenship, you will be able to visit more than 187 nations without a visa.
Who Could Submit a UK Investor Visa Application?
If you invest at least £2 million in the British economy and meet the following criteria, you can apply for a UK Investor Visa:
- You are a legal adult.
- You don’t have any criminal history.
- You can verify that the funds you want to invest with are yours or your spouse’s or partner.
- You are not a citizen of Switzerland or an EEA nation.
- You’ve created a bank account in the UK.
- You must be able to spend your money in the UK (free to spend).
Residency Conditions for a UK Investor Visa
In contrast to the majority of nations that grant residency by investment visas, the UK requires actual time spent there to qualify for permanent residency or extend a visa.
Options for UK Investment Visa
You must commit a minimum of £2 million* to one of the following investments to be eligible for a UK Investment Visa:
- A legitimate, operating business with UK registration.
- The business needs to be Registered in the UK (or at least have a registered office in the UK)
- Active trading
- Must possess a UK bank account that reflects recent transactions and tax payments.
- UK corporate bonds are issued as loans or shares of capital.
- After five years of investing $2 million, you can receive ILR.
- After three years, you can receive ILR if you invest £5 million.
- After two years of investing £10 million, you can receive ILR.
The necessary paperwork for a Tier 1 UK investor visa
As part of your application procedure, you must submit some documents to be considered for a UK Investor’s Visa. The UK visa authorities will decide on your visa application based on the documents and the online application form you submit.
The following are the documents required to apply for a UK Tier 1 Investor Visa:
- Legal travel document = passport
- Results of the TB test.
- A certificate of criminal history.
- Proof of your necessary finances.
- A marriage license or civil union certificate, as appropriate.
- A letter that confirms the statement’s validity and should be signed by a legal advisor.
- Evidence that shows that you have a bank account in the UK.
- All non-English and Welsh documents must be translated into certified English or Welsh.
- You might have to give more information when asked.
When you should apply for a UK investor visa?
Three months before your anticipated trip to the UK is the earliest you can apply for a UK visa for investment.
How can I get an investor visa for the UK?
The UK Government’s Visas and Immigration website is where you must apply for a UK Investment Visa. The following is the application procedure:
- Fill out the online application.
- Give the necessary paperwork.
- Make the visa payment.
- Pay the health fee.
- Results of your visa application take up to three weeks.
- You can pick up your biometric residence permit once your visa application has been processed.
- Once you’ve completed the online application, you must find the closest UK visa application center to provide your biometric data, including your fingerprints, as well as any other necessary documentation.
Fees for UK Investor Visa
The application price for an investor visa is £1,623. The same price must be paid once again when applying to extend your investor visa. No exceptions apply.
Processing of UK Investor Visa
A UK Innovator Visa (Tier 1) application is processed by the UK government in up to three weeks.
The UK Investor Visa is valid for how long?
The maximum duration of a UK Investor Visa is around three years and four months. You can petition to extend your visa for an additional two years when it is about to expire. You are eligible to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain after five years of residence.
After three years of residency, you can file for ILR if you invested $5 million, but only after two years if you invested $10 million.