Study in the USA
Study in the USA
Through flexible educational techniques, the melting-pot nation offers students the perfect atmosphere for their developmental progress and encourages creative thinking across a range of subject areas. It is home to all eight Ivy League universities in the globe, including Harvard University, which is ranked first in the nation and is regarded as the most renowned. Every student can find a university that is right for them because of the vastness of the nation and the abundance of colleges and universities. The United States is the country of opportunity, it has all from the stunning L.A. beaches to New York City.
The USA as a nation is a complete package that provides it all, from housing the top 17 institutions out of the top 50 major universities in the world (QS World University Rankings 2023) to a limitless range of courses, a diversified climate, and work options to pick from.
Around 21% of the more than a million foreign students studying in the US are Indian. According to the Open Doors Report released in November 2022, about 200,000 Indian students would choose to pursue higher education in the United States in the academic year 2021–2022, an increase of 19% from the previous year (2020–2021).
Some of the major requirements which students need to fulfill to study in a US university are:
- Copy of a valid passport
- TOEFL/IELTS test scores which are proof of English proficiency
- ACT/SAT/LSAT scores for admission in UG programs, GMAT/GRE scores for admissions in PG programs
- Academic Transcripts from the previous study
- Reference Letters, the number of academic reference letters required varies from university to university
- A Letter of recommendation from the previous employer/manager (if applicable)
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- Essays (if demanded by the university)
- Portfolio (for specific courses)
- Certificates of extracurricular activities
- Evidence of funds
How to Apply
UG Applications are submitted directly online on the websites of each university.
The estimated cost is around $24,000- $32,000 (INR 17,84,745 -23,79,660) per year.
How to Apply
PG applications are directly sent to the universities both in online and offline modes.
The estimated cost is around $30,000 – $35,000 (INR 22,30,932- 26,02,754) per year.
How to Apply
MBA applications are generally submitted to the universities directly.
The estimated cost is around $60,000- $48,000 (INR 44,61,864 – 35,69,491) per year.
The United States government, institutions, and private organizations all provide a variety of scholarships to help pay for international students’ tuition.
The following is a list of the top scholarships for studying in the USA:
- Foreign Student Fulbright Program
- Scholarship: #YouAreWelcomeHere
- Program for Hubert Humphrey Fellowships
- Cornell University receives a Tata Scholarship
- Scholarships for Rotary International Ambassadors
- Indian Students’ Stanford Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowships
- Awards for Civil Society Leadership
- International Fellowships with AAUW
- Scholarship for Privacy & Security with Surfshark
- MS Scholarships are available in the USA Universities
- American MBA Scholarships List
For US student visa requirements, they should garner the following documents before their visa interview to complete
- Student passports must have validity for travel to the United States – passports should be valid for at least six months beyond the course duration.
- Nonimmigrant Visa Application.
- Form DS-160 confirmation page.
- Student Photo.
- Proof of application payment
- Nonimmigrant (F-1) certificate of eligibility
- A student must have Form I-20 sent to him/her by the school once the institute’s official has entered his/her information in the SEVIS database.
The application cycle for studying in the United States
Students who want to study in the USA must follow a semester-by-semester application procedure at US universities. Three semesters are dedicated to admissions.
Selected courses are only offered during the fall semester at many universities.
The majority of scholarships and employment opportunities are only available at this time.
Comparatively fewer applications than those during the fall semester are reviewed.
The majority of applicants for the spring semester do not qualify.
It lasts for two months. June through July, starting in June.
Work Opportunities & careers
Studying in the USA universities offers a variety of experiences to students. The universities come with a lot of flexibility, growth opportunities, and diversity for students which attract several international students every year.
The popular areas of employment in the USA after degree completion are as follows: