PR for Australia
PR for Australia
Even during the pandemic, Australia continued to accept applications for permanent residency in 2020, and a total of 7.5 million people moved there.
An Australia PR is what?
An Australia PR is a Permanent Residency Visa using a point-based immigration system that enables a person to live, work, and study permanently in Australia.
A PR from Australia offers various advantages, and after three years you can even apply for Australian citizenship.
What are the various programs for skilled immigration to Australia?
You can apply for a Permanent Residency Visa in Australia through the Australian Skilled Worker program.
Australian immigration officials select qualified individuals from all around the world. To apply as a skilled worker in one of these five immigration streams, you must obtain at least 65 points in the points-based program:
- Independent Skilled Visa (Subclass 189)
- Nominated Skilled Visa (Subclass 190)
- Temporary Graduate Visa (Subclass 485)
- Visa for Nominated or Sponsored (Provisional) (Subclass 489)
- Regional Skilled Visa (subclass 887)
The three most popular visa categories through which Indians apply are the Temporary Resident Visa, the Skilled Independent Visa, and the Employer-Nominated Visa.
1. The Skilled Independent Visa (Subclass 189)
It is the most popular PR visa among Indians as it permits you to move to Australia even without a work offer or employer sponsorship under subclass 189, generally known as the Skilled Independent Visa.
- For qualified personnel with prior professional expertise
- You need a minimum of 90 points on the Points Grid System to be eligible for this visa, with no employer sponsorship or employment offer needed.
- The best advantage of this visa is that it gives you full employment rights and benefits similar to those of an Australian.
2. Skilled Nominated Visa, Subclass 190
The Skilled Nominated visa, requires an Australian government nomination. It falls under Subclass 190. You can also consider it to be your one-way ticket to citizenship.
- It’s a state-sponsored visa.
- Presence of a job offer or employer sponsorship is a must
- For a minimum of three years, it requires employer sponsorship so you’ll need a work offer already in Australia.
3. Skilled Regional Visa, Subclass 191
In Skilled Regional Visa people who have already lived, worked, or studied in Australia under subclass 191 can apply.
- For holders of temporary visas who wish to convert to permanent residence visas
- Must have previously resided in Australia
- Requirement of subclass 491 or 482. It is a necessary condition.
- If you have a visa, you can upgrade your temporary visa to a permanent one.
- Subclass 482 includes a temporary work visa for a skill shortage while Subclass 491 includes a temporary work visa for 5 years.
What are the Steps for Australia PR?
Step 2: Get your language test results.
Step 3: A report on Skill Select assessment.
Step 4: Sign up for Skill Select and Expression of Interest (EOI) submission.
Step 5: Must have the invitation to apply.
Step 6: Submit a PR request.
Step 7: Presence of character and health certifications
What qualifications are needed for an Australia PR?
During applying for the visa, the applicant must be at least below 45 years of age.
- Skills Evaluation
Candidates must get their skills evaluated by the immigration authorities before applying for immigration to Australia.
- Calculator for PR Points calculations:
You must receive at least score 65 points in Australia’s PR point grid.
- Proposed Profession
The candidate Must possess at least a skill listed on the Skilled Occupation List.
- Language proficiency in English
Candidates must demonstrate at least basic English language proficiency.
- Character Evaluation
Character certifications give assurance of your absence of criminal history.
- Health Evaluation
The health check-up report to certify your health.
Category and points
- Age (25-33 years) = 30 points
- English fluency(8 bands) = 20 points
- If have a work Experience outside Australia (8-10 years) = 15 points
- If have a work Experience in Australia (8-10 years) = 20 points
- Education (anywhere which is not in Australia) – Doctorate = 20 points
- Doctorate or master’s degree by doing your research in Australia = 10 points
- Study in a local or a regional area = 5 points
- Community language knowledge = 5 points
- Skilled program in Australia = 5 points
- State sponsorship (190 visas) = 5 points
- De facto partner or spouse = 10 points
- De facto partner or spouse with fluent English = 5 points
- When a spouse is a PR holder or an Australian citizen = 10 points
Required Common Documents for Australia PR
- Assessment of Educational Credentials
- Proof of Nomination
- Birth Certificate
- Character Certificate (if applicable)
- IELTS or other test results
- 2 photos of passport size
- Knowledge Records of the Spouse (if applicable)
- Business reference letters
- Police clearance certificate
The costs associated with processing an application for Australian Permanent Residency:
Dependent Visa Requester (Over 18 Years)
Dependent Visa Requester (Under 18 Years)
The Skilled Independent Visa (subclass 189 visa) application process for Australia might take between eight and nine months.
Skilled Nominated Visa (subclass 190) processing times for Australian citizens generally varies from six to eight months.
Benefits of a PR visa for Australia
- You can live and travel anywhere and everywhere in Australia.
- Pursue advanced education in Australia.
- After two years, gain social security.
- For a PR, help your family.
- Apply for government employment.
- Visiting New Zealand.
- Methods for becoming a citizen of Australia.
- No-cost health insurance.
- Education loans are subsidized for dependents.
- Grant for First-Time Home Buyers AUD10,000